Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ian's art inspires a New Year's resolution


If you've been following my blog you know I've dabbled with art much of my life, but frankly I don't think my smeared paint is worthy of being called art.  

On the other hand I have created some respectable cowboy wood-carvings, so I'm willing to admit to being a folk artist.

Somehow the genes that gave me the desire to smear paint got scrambled around, and came out way up the scale in my youngest grandson Ian.  The painting above won him a first place blue ribbon at the Ventura County Fair a couple months back.  I was thrilled when he gave me the painting for a Christmas present.

Ian is 12 years-old, and everyone agrees he's already a talented artist.


Ian's 2010 paintings include Godzilla attacking an airplane (above,) a family favorite.


Ian's airplane in a storm (above) is another pretty cool effort.  Not bad for an 11-year-old.

So, thanks to Ian, I'm making a New Year's resolution to start painting again.  Here's a computer sketch I worked on most of yesterday.  I'll draw it on a canvas today, and we'll see what happens.


Thanks Ian -- Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment